Skip to the content
5 Interesting facts about popcorn:
- When the popcorn kernel is enough heated, it can jump up to 3 feet high.
- There are two shapes of popcorn flakes: mushroom and snowflake. Snowflake shape is bigger, that’s why it’s sold more often in cinemas.
- Popcorn kernels contain water, which becomes steam when heated. Kernels pop up because of the heated steam pressure.
- If you have quality popcorn kernels, they should produce only 2% of spinsters (unpopped kernels).
- Popcorn popularity decreased in the 1950s, with the availability of watching films on home televisions. When, as a response action, popcorn making became easy and convenient at home, it regained its popularity.